Friday 10 April 2015

David Batchelor




Went to the Whitechapel gallery the other day as I was nearby and was hoping to catch 'Adventures of the Black Square' again but it had finished.  So looked at David Batchelor's photographs of rectangles found in cities instead.  I liked the documented real slides on a large rectangular light box, particularly the way they were arranged in a symmetrical pattern, presumably because there weren't quite enough to fill the rectangle completely.  Found myself counting them and couldn't help noticing that there was a mistake in the way they were laid out - was tempted to surreptitiously slide two into what I think would have been a better order but luckily I stopped myself as I enjoy going there and I'd like not to be banned.

Here is David Batchelor talking about the show:









No comments:

Post a Comment