Sunday 6 January 2013

6th January 2013

Loved Christmas but it is great to be back in my studio again.  I have finished my book project and  have 366 little books waiting politely for me to animate them; we need a rest from each other (the books and I) and I am delighted to be taking some time to make some paintings on canvas.  I am making paintings based on the wonder tale illustrations I made at the end of my MA.  

Here is one of my recent paintings. It is from the story 'Bearskin', a fairytale attributed to Henriette-Julie de Murat.  In the picture a princess is dressing in bearskins to escape from her rhinoceros husband.


I am pleased that I'll be going to Bologna Children's Book Fair in March and some of my work will be on show on the Cambridge School of Art stand.  I'm working very hard in the evenings to put work together for this.

Also excited about the teaching projects I am planning for later in the year, some with Rhapsode and some with other Fenners artists.  

No comments:

Post a Comment