Saturday 27 June 2020

Festival of Ideas Reimagined


Since 2012, when I made a tiny book for every day of the year I've thought about creating a giant walk in book. So I was delighted at the beginning of this year that UHArts invited me to create a big book to bring along to the Festival of Ideas at University of Herts; the plan was that I'd create the book with the help of diverse groups of children, students and adults as part of the New Geographies engagement and then use it for further activities during the festival.


Assumed the book, like much of my other participatory work, would be put on hold but was very pleased to be invited to create the book to use as an online resource to share during the online Festival of Ideas Reimagined.

The book explores some of the recurring themes that emerged from my engagement work with New Geographies over the past three years, particularly responding to the work of artists Stuart Whipps and Krijn de Koning.

Look here for a short video about the book and how I'd like to use it and some simple art activities for children and adults to do at home:

One day I hope to take the actual book out into the world and to make some more!






No comments:

Post a Comment