Wednesday 12 October 2011

Wednesday 12th October 2011

Went to a talk by Audrey Niffenegger last week about Aubrey Beardsley. I loved Beardsley's work as a teenager and then 'grew out of it' but I have found myself interested again.  It is amazing that he only worked for about five years before he died at twenty five; he evolved his working style over months instead of years.  Niffenegger said that she thinks he would probably have been creating graphic novels if he had been around now.



I also had another look at Niffenegger's work - hadn't realised quite how multi talented she is - wonderful paintings on her website as well as the pictorial novelss - good public speaker as well.  (And I did love The Time Traveller's Wife - haven't dared to see the film in case it's a disappointment.)



Here's a link to her website: http://audreyniffenegger.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment