Monday 6 June 2011

Monday 6th June 2011

Today I went to St Albans in the rain with a friend who is on an unstoppable quest to buy all the second hand plates in Hertfordshire - we were going to go to The Courtyard Cafe on Hatfield Road but it has recently changed its opening hours: now Tuesday to Sunday.  Apparently it is very nice and has local artists' work on the walls.

Never mind - popped into the museum next door and was pleasantly surprised that one room is now an art gallery (run by Hertfordshire University) and there was a fun installation by Aviva Leeman, celebrating the original opening of the gallery a million or so years ago (actually 18 something).  I liked the bright bunting with words spoken by the dignitaries about the museum and the photographs of historical mayors in sepia and black and white.

Yesterday was my husbands birthday and one of our friends gave him some exciting books.  But the best present was for me - a shopping list snaffled from a local supermarket trolley.  Yes - I collect shopping lists; I have quite a good collection.  Not sure what I am going to do with them but I count them sometimes and read them to myself.  Find them very touching and also aware that they may be important historical documents one day.  Anyway I am going to share with you a picture of the one my friend gave me yesterday (front and back).  Lucky you:


No comments:

Post a Comment